UNiT-47
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» That \'70s Show (2006)
The good old days. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:21 am by 

» mango here
The good old days. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:02 pm by mango

» Snipers Only Playlist/Terminal Returns
The good old days. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:51 pm by Blinq x Reloadz

» Create-A-Class (Point Allocation)
The good old days. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:48 pm by Blinq x Reloadz

» killstreaks
The good old days. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:46 pm by Blinq x Reloadz

» zombies thoughts
The good old days. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:44 pm by Blinq x Reloadz

» Xbox 720 ??
The good old days. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:41 pm by Blinq x Reloadz

» retro games
The good old days. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:40 pm by Blinq x Reloadz

» Nuketown Returns?
The good old days. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:56 am by welfarejunkie

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The good old days.

3 posters

Go down

The good old days. Empty The good old days.

Post  ACrustyFrog Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:36 am

So, as much as I love next gen gaming, I honestly miss the good old days of my child playing sonic on the Sega megadrive and mario on my classic Gameboy, I know most if not all of the old titles have been ported over to current day, but theres something I miss about having the physical Retro consoles right there in front of me, the feel of my old arcade joystick I got for my fourth birthday (yes I've been gaming since I could hold a control around the age of two Razz )
one day they'll make a comeback through popularity, while I still have my old ones my TV is too advanced for them to work properly :/ (note to self buy crappy old standard def portable tv for good old fashioned gaming)

Anybody else miss the good old days? where no one was worried about playing online, because we all had shitty dial up connections and couldn't do it anyway Razz

Lemme know how you all feel on old gaming. Smile
ACrustyFrog
ACrustyFrog
Site Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/TonyGoat

Back to top Go down

The good old days. Empty Re: The good old days.

Post  uN kAMo 47 o12o Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:12 am

I was not back that far.... but my first console was a super nintendo and I played Star Fox like crazy. I really liked it and I wouldn't mind finding the console and the game again that I used to play all the time.
uN kAMo 47 o12o
uN kAMo 47 o12o
The Sexy Owner

http://www.unit-47.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ACrustyFrog Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:44 am

Ahh star fox I loved that game, butr I never really got into the series properly till I got my hands on star fox adventures for the game cube, that.was.AWESOME.
ACrustyFrog
ACrustyFrog
Site Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/TonyGoat

Back to top Go down

Post  LegendOfOtaku Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 am

I miss them too. I think the first games I ever remember playing was the Sonic 1, 2 + 3. Those games were the shit. bounce

Eventually I moved onto Nintendo stuff and played so much Mario + Pokemon.
I've been hooked on Pokemon since Red & Blue. :3

Since then I've been seriously into Nintendo and bought all their consoles (with exceptions ofc) from that point on until last year when I got an Xbox 360.

I still have a lot of my old consoles and games, but I've already got remakes, ports or roms of most of the classic games that I love so I doubt I'll ever try to get any old stuff working again. Razz

---Kinda going off topic---

Honestly, I hate the way gaming is nowadays, but I can't really put my finger on what exactly annoys me.
It's definitely the motion control focus that Nintendo has which frustrates me because that has killed some potentially great games imo. (Metroid, Zelda, etc)
I guess in general I just feel like more effort and passion was put into games back then. Idek. No

I was so disappointed in the Wii, and I hoped that Nintendo would make a decent console next and forget this motion control stuff... but the WiiU looks even worse and they are still heading in the wrong direction imo. (Even though I'll still buy the WiiU) Rolling Eyes

Bring back just a normal console + controllers!!
I'll probably be saying the same thing in 5 years. Sleep

(Excuse my long ass posts)
LegendOfOtaku
LegendOfOtaku
Site Moderator

http://www.unit-47.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  uN kAMo 47 o12o Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:57 am

I was never a huge Nintendo fan. When I played the super Nintendo I was like 5 so I was really too young to be a fan, but I have never been a fan. I guess it just because I was born into the second generation with the PS1 and PS2 and such. I would definitely give Nintendo a chance if they would chill with the family oriented shit. I mean family based stuff is cool and all but there needs to be a individual company for all that good stuff. Nintendo has always been there for the arcade/action and even sports typed games. They need to come out with a console that will blow away Microsoft and Sony. From where they are sitting at now, that will never happen but that is what everyone said after the first xbox come out and it was a couple months old. It was an awesome console but everyone knew that Microsoft was capable of much more which is why I truly was never happy with the original Xbox. I think that Nintendo with it's past consoles have proved to us that it is capable of making that one super machine that the Xbox is coming out to be, but I think that they are back-sliding into a dark hole of recession if you will. In the end, I think that Microsoft has just become a mass empire that has become even more well known, not for it's computer software but because of their damn gaming console.. I definitely do not think it is too late for Nintendo to bounce back.
uN kAMo 47 o12o
uN kAMo 47 o12o
The Sexy Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  LegendOfOtaku Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:48 pm

@kAMo: I agree, except for the last thing you said. I do think it's too late for Nintendo to bounce back.

I can see them bringing out the WiiU and it being alright and up to par with the PS3 and 360 for a few years maybe until something better comes along that will be vastly superior (Xbox 720/PS4, w/e) and then they'll be behind again.

They had chance to really step it up and they totally missed in my opinion... and that really sucks Sad
LegendOfOtaku
LegendOfOtaku
Site Moderator

http://www.unit-47.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  uN kAMo 47 o12o Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:41 am

I don't think it will ever be too late. You just have to think Otaku, maybe they will learn after the WiiU that what they are putting out isn't of best interest of everyone. I think before it all ends man, that they will have another actual controller/console gaming system.
uN kAMo 47 o12o
uN kAMo 47 o12o
The Sexy Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down